- Prep time - 15mins
- Cook time 45mins
- Preheat the Oven to 180c
2 cups all-purpose unblenched flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 large spotted bananas
½ cup butter
½ cup of good maple syrup
½ cup walnuts
2 Tbsp of good maple syrup
This banana bread is one of my easiest and favourite recipes. It aims to please everyone from the kids to the adults and with the candy maple walnuts on top it also looks a little fancy without even trying. I often make this one first thing in the morning for the kids lunch boxes… Yes the longest part is the baking. Its as simple as a frypan of walnuts, a beat with you eKu whisk and a stir with a good looking eKu spoon and there you have a easy delicious banana bread to enjoy.
Start by placing your eKu non slip chopping board on the bench and coarsely chop the walnuts. Once they are all chopped heat a small frying pan over medium heat on the stove.
Once the pan is hot, add the chopped walnuts and 2 Tbsp maple syrup. Mix well and keep stirring until the walnuts are lightly toasted. This should only take a couple of minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool, while you make the banana bread mixture.
3. Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl with your eKu whisk until the two are well combined. In a separate bowl, mash the banana with a fork until smooth.
4. In a different pan on low heat melt the butter. Once the butter is almost melted, remove it from the heat and whisk it until the last bits are melted. Add the maple and whisk until very well combined banana bread mixture.
5. To the mashed bananas add the egg and maple/butter mixture and use your eKu spoon to mix well. Add wet ingredients and gently mix together. Do not overmix. Gently incorporate ¾ of the candied walnuts crumbled into bits.
6. Prepare your loaf pan for your banana bread with the butter and line with baking paper, add the banana bread batter and sprinkle the last ¼ of the candied walnuts on top.
7. Bake the banana bread for 45-50 minutes or until golden on top and if you were to insert a wooden pick it should come out clean. Let it cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
8. Remove the banana bread from the loaf and cool completely on a cooling rack.